Senior Technician – UK
Sixense Group is an international company providing specialist engineering services for the construction, civil engineering, and infrastructure management markets. Part of the VINCI Group, a world leader in concessions, construction, and related services, Sixense has over 700 employees present in 20 countries and is one of the leaders in the digital revolution taking place in the construction and management of infrastructure.
Our Monitoring business is one of our most established areas of the company and we continue to lead the way in automated monitoring systems and cutting-edge software. Sixense have been involved in some of the largest infrastructure monitoring projects in the UK, France, Spain, North America, The Middle East, Australia and New Zealand.
Experienced in working on major and complex projects, our UK team, based in London, supports an impressive portfolio including Crossrail, Thames Tideway and HS2, as well specialising in the protection of critical rail assets as part of major station upgrade projects such as Kings Cross, Tottenham Court Rd and Bond Street.
About the role
We currently have several opportunities for Senior Technicians to work in our instrumentation and monitoring team. We are looking for candidates with either a background in instrumentation and monitoring or assistant surveyors that are looking to gain knowledge in the installation of automated instrumentation.Ideally, candidates should have experience of working on large infrastructure and construction projects or working in a rail environment, You should be a reliable, enthusiastic and hard-working team player, motivated to work within our I & M team.
In return, we can offer an interesting work environment, exposure to a range of exciting and challenging projects, as well as broader support to help you with your progression in the construction industry. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package as you would expect from a leading engineering group.
• You will initially work as part of a team on a major infrastructure project reporting to our project managers your role will be to lead a team of technicians and labour to supervise the installation of instrumentation and total stations on track environments. As a team leader you will be responsible for briefing the team on the H & S aspects of the programmed works, the setting out of the monitoring equipment and ensuring the equipment is installed correctly. You will also be required to maintain the site and installation records and work to programme.
• Highly motivated with good relevant industry experience, ideally including monitoring projects on rail and transport infrastructure.
• Relevant qualification in a construction related field – surveying, monitoring or rail industry or experience in monitoring or survey.
• Must hold a CSCS card ideally to supervisor level.
• Good knowledge of working on railway infrastructure.
• Evidence of supervisor training, SSSTS, first aid or similar
• Ability to supervise and manage small teams of people.
• Good communication skills, and good teamwork team building
• Proficiency in Word, Excel.
• Ability to interface with other work groups, protection staff and agency workers.
• Must be able to develop strong working relationships.
• Excellent time and task management and ability to work on own initiative.
• A strong ability to teach and pass on knowledge to other members of the team
• Full UK driving license