Sixense Group is an international company providing specialist engineering services for the construction, civil engineering, and infrastructure management markets. Part of the VINCI Group, a world leader in concessions, construction, and related services, Sixense has over 700 employees present in 20 countries and is one of the leaders in the digital revolution taking place in the construction and management of infrastructure.
Sixense are looking for a Document Controller to manage and control the exchange of documents between Sixense and other parties involved in the HS2 Old Oak Common project.
The Role will include the following key tasks:
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the project requirements relevant to document control
- Provide appropriate proactive support to the Sixense project team to ensure information is correctly numbered, received, issued and stored using the various Information Management Systems (IMS) and document control systems in place (including Business Collaborator and CEMAR)
- Ensure documentation contains the appropriate metadata for traceability retrieval and audit purposes
- Request and obtain document numbers in accordance with the project requirements
- Quality check outgoing documents in line with the project document control procedure
- Support the approval / acceptance processes e.g. assist with collation, distribution and close-out of comments
- Support implementation of other relevant procedures such as contract management, Requests for Information and Technical Queries
- Work collaboratively with the project team and other interested parties to maintain a system of progressive assurance for the works. For example, this may include checking / compiling assurance ‘packs’ for issue to relevant parties
- Support handover processes. For example, this may include assisting with production of Operating & Maintenance Manuals and Health & Safety Files
- Where appropriate, act as a point of contact for the client and other relevant parties on document control matters
- Contribute to the timely closure of relevant audit / surveillance findings
- Support the project team in dealing with external auditing governing bodies to maintain relevant certification
- Support development and implementation of the Right First Time approach to delivery
- Support and actively contribute to success of the project’s programmes for Health, Safety, Environment
- Scanning, plotting, printing and any other duties that will help support the team
NOTE: The above list is not exhaustive and additional elements may be required to achieve the purpose of the role.
What are we looking for?
The successful candidate should have the ability to meet the following requirements:
- Practical experience of document control support in a relevant business environment
- Excellent IT skills – Microsoft Office, IMS/Document Control systems
- Good communication skills – both orally and in writing
- Good organisational skills
- Pays attention to detail and will see tasks through to completion
- Ability to work alone or within a team
- Maintains a strong sense of personal ownership relevant to the role, shows initiative, seeks to add value to their function, and maintains a ‘make it happen’ approach
- CSCS card
- Knowledge of the sector and experience within a project-based organisation
- Can manage their own time