Sixense Group is an international company providing specialist engineering services for the construction, civil engineering, and infrastructure management markets. Part of the VINCI Group, a world leader in concessions, construction, and related services, Sixense has over 700 employees present in 20 countries and is one of the leaders in the digital revolution taking place in the construction and management of infrastructure.
Instrumentation & Monitoring is one of the most established areas of the company and we continue to lead the way in automated monitoring systems and cutting-edge software. Sixense have been involved in some of the largest infrastructure monitoring projects in the UK, France, Spain, North America, The Middle East, Australia and New Zealand.
Experienced in working on major and complex projects, our UK team supports an impressive portfolio including Crossrail, Thames Tideway and HS2, as well specialising in the protection of critical rail assets as part of major station upgrade projects such as Kings Cross, Tottenham Court Rd and Bond Street.
We currently have an opportunity for an assistant or junior surveyor to work in our instrumentation and monitoring team, based in London. We are looking for candidates with 1-3 years of relevant survey experience, either in instrumentation and monitoring or working in a rail environment. You should be a reliable, enthusiastic and hard-working team player, motivated to work within our I&M team.
In return, we can offer an interesting work environment, exposure to a range of exciting and challenging projects as well as broader support to help you with your progression in the construction industry. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package as you would expect from a leading engineering group.
• You will initially work as part of a team on a major infrastructure project reporting to our project managers and lead surveyor. Your role will be to work within the survey team performing manual survey, checking positions of automated monitoring equipment, maintaining the survey network, producing designs and maintaining as-built drawings. All work will be in a manner which maintains the HSE ethics of the company.
• Highly motivated with good relevant industry experience, ideally including monitoring projects on rail and transport infrastructure.
• Relevant qualification/experience in surveying.
• Committed to maintaining high standards of Health & Safety
• Good communication skills and the ability to work within a small team.
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, (AutoCAD/MicroStation an advantage).
• Must be able to develop strong working relationships.
• Excellent time and task management and ability to work on own initiative.
• Must be keen to learn new skills and to be able to work in a construction and rail environment (nights and weekends will be required)
• Must hold CSCS card
• Full UK driving license preferred